Section 21f of the FY2013 State School Aid Act expands access to digital learning options for students in Michigan. This legislation enables public school students in grades 5-12, with the consent of a parent or guardian, to enroll in up to two online courses during an academic term, semester, or trimester. Enrollment in online courses under Section 21f cannot result in a course load that exceeds a full-time schedule.
If your student is interested in pursuing this opportunity, please follow the steps below.
- Review and discuss the Characteristics of a successful online learner
- Review the course offerings in the Michigan's Online Course Catalog (select Statewide Catalog)
- Print and complete the ONLINE READINESS QUESTIONNAIRE
- Print and complete the online learning applciation based on the student's grade (below)
- Return the above forms to the school counselor
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window
- Complete the ONLINE LEARNING CONTRACT
- Complete enrollment
Application: 5th-8th grade--
Application: 9th-12th grade--
If you have questions, contact your child's counselor. Thank you!